when elliot spoke to his grandma homer yesterday on the phone, she told him about the coconuts that they could see in hawaii. elliot asked "what's a coconut?" so i decided while we were at the store today to pick up a coconut. daddy and elliot broke it open with the hammer.

we all took a drink of the coconut milk . . . interesting . . . and then we chowed down on fresh coconut! it was so much fun. elliot's smile is proof of that.

thanks for the idea grandma and grandpa. have fun on the rest of your trip in hawaii. we miss you both. come home safe.
3 comments:
this is darling! what a cute way to introduce your kids to the yummy and exotic.. that smile has mary written all over it! what a doll.
Oh, I've never had real coconut before! Sounds yummy. I've heard it doesn't taste at all like the sugar coated grossness of the store bought kind. Elliot is such a handsome boy! And I love that name.
What a cool and interactive way to teach them about a coconut. You are awesome!
Post a Comment