Friday, August 13, 2010

first grade

my mom always had a tradition of taking a picture of us outside our front door on the first day of school, so we are keeping up the tradition.

he was so excited. he didn't seem nervous at all! it is neat to see him grow up. i was surprised though at the emotions that seemed to flood out of me after he got on the bus. i never thought i would be one of those moms to cry. i didn't when he went to preschool or kindergarten. it just felt different this time though. sending him all day, 7 hrs!

he has the same bus driver this year as he did last year. he also got to sit by his best friend dominic on the way to and home from school. he was happy about that, especially since they are not in the same class. he said his favorite part of the day was the 3 recesses. i love it. he also said he didn't get any homework because his teacher is so nice. i tried to remind him that when she does give him homework, she'll still be a nice teacher. :)

way to go elliot! you learned to read and write last year. you found out that you love science, math, and magic. you loved making new friends. we can't wait to see what you learn and discover this year!

8 comments:

emily said...

That's so cute! He still looks pretty tiny up there on that bus even though he's a big grown-up first grader. How fun that he still gets to sit next to his BF. I'm thinking 1st grade is gonna be a great year!

Lant Family said...

oh man he is such a cute kid--I can't believe 1st grade.

Anonymous said...

What a Handsome boy!!!! So cute to see him and I can't believe that he's so old!!! We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Elliot is so grown up!! I've never thought I would cry either, but I guess maybe I will. Haha. Congrats JJ, Mary and Ell!

Jenny said...

Isn't he just so cute?! I love it.

Rob and Marseille said...

awww...now I can't wait to take christopher to kindergarten. I'm afraid I'll bawl.

Maren B said...

What? First grade?!

Jeremy and Heidi said...

Your boys are so handsome! They grow up too fast...

Love your little prego pic in the last post, and those pies turned out perfect--I totally want to make a cherry pie now!

Thanks so much for the comment on the fam pics! Good luck with the end of the pregnancy!