Tuesday, November 22, 2011
yep
i will be carrying an epipen around with me from now on.
we found out yesterday that elliot is indeed allergic to cashews ... and almonds and walnuts too. finding out he is allergic to almonds was a surprise because he's had almonds and been fine. the dr said it's probably a very minor allergy but that it is still a good idea to steer clear of them from now on.
the nice thing is he is not allergic to peanuts. so he can still have peanut butter and other things made with peanuts. oh and when you get an epipen they also give you a practice epipen without any needle or medication in it. i practiced it on myself and now i have a nice bruise on my thigh. :)
we're all hoping that the epipen stays in my purse and we will never need to use it, but it's nice knowing we have it just in case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That's how my food allergies are...I have an epipen but haven't ever had to use it. I hope that's how it goes for elliot. So glad that you know about his allergies though so you can be careful.
i find the doctor's allergy testing technique quite interesting. i am so relieved that he did not have a more serious reaction!
also- in the future, thanksgiving with elliot & david together will work out perfectly! david will give the pumpkin pie to elliot, and elliot can give the pecan pie to dave! awesome!
Dear MI,
You are so beautiful, my friend. I've just been catching up on your blog and love all the great pictures! love to you,
Rachel
I am trying to figure out how you bruised your thigh with a needleless epi pen?!?!? We never had to use ours, I hope the same for you.
Post a Comment