we tried to get this family picture in florida with our camera, but it looked terrible- we were all washed out. i was so sad. sarah just sent me this one and it totally made my day. thanks sarah!
Sunday, July 10, 2011
my family
i can't believe we have 3 kids! i think they are the 3 cutest kids ever. don't get me wrong though. we are not a perfect, "happy all the time family". i personally don't believe they exist. but they are still the cutest kids ever! : ) yes, sometimes they can drive me crazy and not everyday is a great day. sometimes i'm super grumpy and loose my temper with them, ok a lot, but luckily not all the time. it's all worth it though (as my grandma would say-she's the one who calder gets his middle name from). the other day i put my boys in the car after a hot day at a splash park and i was overwhelmed at the love i felt for them. it is amazing that despite all the hard times: the getting yelled at, the hitting, the craziness that sometimes feels like it is going to make me go mad, the arguing between the two boys...it's amazing how the good outweighs those times. the times when they put their arms around each other, or they tell me how much they love me, or when they say a prayer that you can tell they truly mean and you can tell that they know God is listening to them, or when they take care of calder in the most gentle, kind way...it really is all worth it. i love my boys...craziness and all.
we tried to get this family picture in florida with our camera, but it looked terrible- we were all washed out. i was so sad. sarah just sent me this one and it totally made my day. thanks sarah!
we tried to get this family picture in florida with our camera, but it looked terrible- we were all washed out. i was so sad. sarah just sent me this one and it totally made my day. thanks sarah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that is a cute picture! I know what you mean. I am glad those happy moment of pure love exhist because I don't know if it would be worth all the bad days :) Seriously there are no perfect families. I am sure we all yell at our kids and loose our tempers. The hitting and fighting drive me nuts and I feel like a referee a lot of the times. But the kids bring happiness into th ehouse and make life fun!
I LOVE the family picture! You have such beautiful boys! I have moments just as you described - the good and the bad - and I'm glad the good moments stay with us longer than the not-so-good moments! You are a dear friend, thank you for posting!
This is EXACTLY how I feel!!! Thank you for putting it so beautifully! You are such a great mommy!
Saw on Google that it is Alexander Calder's birthday and a light bulb went off and I realized that's probably why you named your son Calder? I remember Jeffrey being into the mobile scene...cuz he doesn't have quite enough other talents ;) I loved the name anyway and couldn't think of where I'd heard it before...funny. Great thoughts on motherhood, I needed that, thanks.
Post a Comment