Tuesday, August 12, 2008
loving my children
i want to always love my children. i know i always do love them, but i want to always show them that love. when i lose my temper, yell, and don't act as i should, i am not showing them love. it is something that has been quite a challenge for me while having 2 little boys ages 4 and 2. some days are better than others, but i know i could have more better days. yesterday and today i read a talk in the august 2008 ensign. love, limits, and latitude. i don't want to tell you what it said. you can read it for yourself. i just wanted to share that it gave me some good direction and some good reminders. i need reminders, like church, i'm always so glad i get to go to church each week. i really need those reminders. i need that redirection on a weekly basis. well, really i need it daily but the other 6 days are up to me. anyway, i'm kind of rambling. just wanted to put these thoughts out there. it's cool the way answers and direction can come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It really is amazing how answers from the Lord come to us. Thanks for sharing your insights. Oh, and on a different note, your apartment looks awesome!
Trust me, I know how trying it can be to hold on to patience dealing with two toddler boys! My patience varies from day to day! Good thing motherhood is so rewarding and wonderful as well as trying. Every mom I know struggles with patience. I will have to check out that Ensign article. Thanks Mary Irene!
You, my friend, are a great mother. You are an example to others...and sure, you have your moments. Don't we all? It's good to re-evaluate from time to time. That's healthy. Just remember though, you are great! Really.
and this is why i loved being your vt AND friend. you are wonderful. i actually read that same article this morning and had some similar thoughts.
Hey, I just got caught up on a few posts and I was laughing at the one about your washer being fixed. I remember the elated feeling when I realized I'd never have to do coin laundry again. No more hauling laundry baskets! It's wonderful!
And I think you are spot on with your assessment of being a mom. I feel like that too. Like I'm a really good mom on some days and then on other days I'm awful. I think the important thing is that we keep going and trying harder. It would be so easy to throw your hands up in the air and give up, but we keep going, because we love the little punks so much!
I actually just read that article too and loved it! As I was reading, I kept thinking, "I wonder if I read this every week if I could be the parent the Lord wants me to be?" Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment